The Sparkling Patriot
By Lisa Keys, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup pear brandy
- 1 (1-inch) slice peeled fresh ginger
- 1 strip lemon zest
- 4 blueberries
- 4 raspberries
- 4 pear slices
- Mionetto Prosecco DOC Treviso Brut
Glassware: 4 flute glasses
- In small saucepan, over medium heat, swirl sugar, pear brandy, lemon zest, and ginger until sugar is dissolved; cool.
- Remove and discard ginger and lemon zest.
- Spoon 1 ½ tablespoons of syrup in each of 4 flute glasses.
- Drop 1 blueberry, 1 raspberry and 1 slice of pear in each glass and top with Mionetto Prosecco.